ENRYP - European Network of Regional and local Youth Platforms
co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme
01 March 2017 - 28 February 2019
The rationale of this project is based on the need to increase effectiveness of direct communication in order to exchange best practices among youth platforms (be they forums, councils, parliaments or other similar youth structures) that operate at regional or local level in various EU countries. It is true that youth organisations operating at EU level or at national level are struggling to create better politics, better opportunities for young people to allow their voice to be heard. But very often the challenge is at the grass root level, where the contact with young people is more personal.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- to share and exchange best practices related to the youth field, namely youth participation, active citizenship, EU awareness and social innovation in various EU countries;
- to establish a European network of Regional and/or Local Youth Platforms (i.e., youth forums, councils, parliaments or other similar youth structures) in legal terms with an appropriate governance structure;
- to strengthen the international cooperation among youth platforms operating at regional and local levels in various EU countries;
- to formulate a set of minimum standards for the establishment and the functioning of youth platforms at regional and local level and how to meet principles
- to develop a shared medium and long term strategy related to the common topics, namely youth participation, active citizenship, EU awareness and social inclusion and equity
- to increase youth participation and to foster empowerment of young people at local level.
The partnership of the project is wide in terms of geographical area and very diverse as type of organisations.
Lead partner – Forum Regionale dei Giovani dell’Umbria (IT)
- Associazione FORMA.Azione srl (IT)
- Manchester Youth Council (UK)
- Camara Municipal de Cascais (PT)
- Europa Jovove Egyesulet (HU)
- Fundatia Judeteana pentru Tineret Timis (RO)
- Finnish Youth Research Society (FI)
The ENRYP project, co-financed by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, does not only comprise reconciliatory transnational meetings among the participating youth organisations, but it also involved a staff training in Kecskemet (HU) in August 2017, where the management prepared two further blended mobilities due to be held in Cascais (PT) and Timis (RO) in 2018 for the five young representatives of each country in order to establish ENRYP.
Reports of the participants