ENRYP II- European Network of Regional and local Youth Platforms
co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme
01 June 2021 - 31 December 2022
The rationale of this project is based on the need to increase effectiveness of direct communication in order to exchange best practices among youth platforms (be they forums, councils, parliaments or other similar youth structures) that operate at regional or local level in various EU countries. It is true that youth organisations operating at EU level or at national level are struggling to create better politics, better opportunities for young people to allow their voice to be heard. But very often the challenge is at the grass root level, where the contact with young people is more personal.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- to share and exchange best practices related to the youth field, namely youth participation, active citizenship, EU awareness and social innovation in various EU countries;
- to establish a European network of Regional and/or Local Youth Platforms (i.e., youth forums, councils, parliaments or other similar youth structures) in legal terms with an appropriate governance structure;
- to strengthen the international cooperation among youth platforms operating at regional and local levels in various EU countries;
- to formulate a set of minimum standards for the establishment and the functioning of youth platforms at regional and local level and how to meet principles
- to develop a shared medium and long term strategy related to the common topics, namely youth participation, active citizenship, EU awareness and social inclusion and equity
- to increase youth participation and to foster empowerment of young people at local level.
The partnership of the project is wide in terms of geographical area and very diverse as type of organisations.
Lead partner – Camara Municipal de Cascais (PT)
- Associazione FORMA.Azione srl (IT)
- Youth Focus North West Ltd (UK)
- Forum Regionale dei Giovani dell’Umbria (IT)
- Europa Jovove Egyesulet (HU)
- Fundatia Judeteana pentru Tineret Timis (RO)
The ENRYP project, co-financed by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, does not only comprise reconciliatory transnational meetings among the participating youth organisations, but it also involved a staff training in Perugia (IT) in November 2021, where the management prepared three further blended mobilities due to be held in Manchester (UK), Kecskemét (HU) and Timisoara (RO) in 2022 for the five young representatives of each country in order to improve their skills and foster empowerment of young people at local level.